The London Sangerstevne
Interior of St Sepulchre's
St Sepulchre’s Church largely dates from the latter years of the 17th century after the building that stood on the site was destroyed during the Great Fire of London in 1666.

Although at one time it stood outside the new gate of the ancient City of London (hence the without-Newgate [that is, outside-Newgate] part of its name) the church is now firmly within the historic City of London, close to St Paul’s Cathedral, the Medieval Guildhall, and many other historic sites.

It is known as The National Musicians Church and closely associated with Sir Henry Wood (who was, at one time, organist there and founded the famous Promenade Concerts) and many other prominent British musicians.

Further information is available HERE.
Map of area around St Sepulchre's